Opening of the Phokeng Mall launch on 25 March which was attended by His Majesty Kgosi Lerou Molotlegi and Mr Steven Herring from Heriot Properties.
Official opening of new community library in Phokeng.
- The library was closed at the end of 2013 due to the upgrades to the Phokeng Mall.
- After engagements between the Rustenburg Local Municipality, the Royal Bafokeng Nation (RBN) and Phokeng Mall (Pty) Ltd it was agreed in February 2015 that a 250m² shop will be made available to the Rustenburg Local Municipality for a Community Library for no rent. The only request from the RBN was that the Phokeng Community Library be made available to the youth as a study area.
- Moumo negotiated the lease agreement with developers of the Phokeng Mall and it was agreed to subsidise the rental for the Phokeng Community Library. Heriot and RBN also contributed to additions to the Phokeng Community Library to the value of R500 000.
- The Kgosi E P Lebone Molotlegi I Community Library was opened on 9 September 2015 in a festive atmosphere with high ranking politicians and traditional leaders present.
- Her Majesty the Queen Mother Dr Semane Bonolo Molotlegi, Royal Bafokeng Nation welcomed all to the occasion and in her address, she stressed the importance of reading. Her Majesty also encouraged the youth to make use of the new library for study, reading and information purposes.
- Moumo donated 10 tablets for use by students and learners for study and research purposes